Year 9 Careers Entitlement
During Year 9 students will be working with their own tutor group and year group on a range of careers related activities. The key area will be to prepare students for the decision making for option choices. Teaching staff, Tutors, Careers Leader will take an active part in advising and guiding in consultation with parents and Senior Leaders.
Year 9 students will be doing the following:
- Making well informed decisions in respect of option choices – both academic and vocational.
- Attending Options Information Evening with parents.
- Attending an Options Taster Day in School whereby they can try new subjects to aid informed decision making.
- Mentoring sessions with tutors on option choices.
- 1-2-1 option sessions with Senior Leadership Team/Careers Leader when needed.
- Career interests questionnaire.
- Careers research on websites.
- Enrichment activities.
- After school sports programme - representing school in competitions.
- Charity Fund raising throughout the year.
- Student voice.
- Access to activities on the Unifrog careers platform.
- Cross Country Success!
KHCA students represent the County at Cross Country (PE - 09/12/2021)
- Christmas Dinner, 2021
Thursday 16th December 2021. (Whole School - 07/12/2021)
- Year 11 Science Revision
Please see below for details of upcoming examinations and revision sessions. (Whole School - 01/11/2021)
- Health & Social Care Apprenticeships
Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care, open to those aged 16+ (Whole School - 22/09/2021)
- Year 7 Football Trials
Friday 17th September, 21 (Whole School - 16/09/2021)