Year 12 Careers Entitlement – Sixth Form
During Year 12 students will be working with their own mentor group and year group on a range of careers related activities. The key area will be for students to settle into college and to continue with careers research by using Unifrog ensuring that students are fully ready to make well informed decisions about their career pathways. Enrichment, volunteering and work experience is key to them fulfilling their aspirations.
Year 12 will be doing the following:
- College Induction Day with subject taster sessions
- Self-reflecting target setting with mentor.
- Continue work on transferable skills in preparation for University, apprenticeships including degree and employment.
- Attending inspiring guest speaker talks.
- Application and preparation of work experience
- Volunteering during term time.
- Evaluation and reflection on work experience and transferable skills developed.
- Review and update CV ensuring personal profile is relevant to careers aspirations
- 1-2-1 meeting with Careers Adviser when requested.
- Research on a variety of websites.
- Research the top Universities and apprenticeships including degree apprenticeships.
- Information evening on UCAS process
- Destination planning
- Kirk Hallam Careers and Networking Fair
- Extended project
- Opportunities to mentor younger students
- University links at NTU and University of Nottingham.
- Detailed Career Planning with action points.
- Continue charity fund raising.
- Recruitment of Student Union reps.
- 1-1 Support with University and Apprenticeship applications
- Access to Unifrog – selecting suitable pathway and personal statement writing.
- Cross Country Success!
KHCA students represent the County at Cross Country (PE - 09/12/2021)
- Christmas Dinner, 2021
Thursday 16th December 2021. (Whole School - 07/12/2021)
- Year 11 Science Revision
Please see below for details of upcoming examinations and revision sessions. (Whole School - 01/11/2021)
- Health & Social Care Apprenticeships
Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care, open to those aged 16+ (Whole School - 22/09/2021)
- Year 7 Football Trials
Friday 17th September, 21 (Whole School - 16/09/2021)